support your library
There are many ways to help your Library:
Our many Volunteers give us hours of their valuable time.
Our Friends of the Library welcome participation in the wonderful activities that showcase the Library and support its services.
Direct Contributions can be earmarked to targeted improvements.
Our Capital Fund for future expansion is growing.
Endowment investments with the Orcas Island Community Foundation allow your gifts to last in perpetuity:
- The Glidden Family Fund
- The Betty Lundeen Book Fund
- The Stupke Collection Development Fund
- The Moran Memorial Fund
- The Ginny Schwarz Children's Book Fund
- The Rosalie Chantiny Collection Development Fund
- The Friends Capital Improvement Fund
- The Gladys Gropper Book Fund
Or, you may be interested in establishing a special named fund that supports your particular interest; or, a legacy gift.
Call or Email the Library Director, Phil Heikkinen, to discuss your ideas. (360) 376-4985
What Your Donation Buys
- $50 — 3 new adult/YA/childrens books or 2 new DVD movies or 2 annual magazine subscriptions
- $75 — 3 graphic novels or 2 months funding the Title Page Book Club for 7th and 8th graders
- $100 — 5 music CDs or 3 talking books or 1 month funding the Table of Contents Book Club for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders
- $500 — Annual subscription to The Wall Street Journal or entire Trick or Treat for Books event
- $1000 — Annual subscription to The New York Times
Donate to the Library with PayPal
Donations to the Library can now be made securely through PayPal.
Your bequest will be used to purchase books, DVDs, talking books, music CDs, and any other library materials that will benefit the Orcas Island Public Library. Should you wish to earmark your donation to a specific need, please send us an email with these guidelines.
Thank you for your support.
Donating Books to the Library
Yes, we want your books! The Orcas Island Public Library gladly accepts donations of books and other items. Donated items may be added to the library collections, in keeping with the Library Collection Management Policy and the Gifts Policy. Many items are distributed to the Friends of the Orcas Island Public Library for sale at their community book sales whose proceeds benefit the library.
How to donate:
Book donations to the Orcas Island Public Library and the Friends of the Orcas Island Public Library may be brought to the Library during service hours: Monday through Thursday from 10:00am to 7:00pm, Friday and Saturday from 10:00am to 5:00pm, and Sunday from noon to 3:00pm.
Donations of small quantities (a grocery bag, say) may be given to front desk personnel.
If you are donating a larger quantity of items, please inform a staff member as we only accept large donations through the rear door on the southeast corner of the building.
We appreciate your donations! These items strengthen your library.