Affordable Care Act Information
In March 2010, President Obama signed comprehensive health reform, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), into law. The law makes preventive care—including family planning and related services—more accessible and affordable for many Americans. While some provisions of the law have already taken effect, many more provisions will be implemented in the coming years.
ACA Enrollment begins October 1, 2013 for coverage beginning January 1, 2014
- Up-to-date information about enrollment and implementation can be found at http://www.healthcare.gov/.
- La información más actualizada acerca de la inscripción y la aplicación se puede encontrar en https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/index.html.
- View video about the new Health Care Marketplaces which will be going live October 1, 2013.
- Look up Washington State’s plan on this fact sheet.
- Top ten things to know about the health care law for special populations such as women, clinicians, small businesses, others.
- Sign up for text and email updates about your state’s ACA implementation .
- As part of national health care reform, the Washington Health Benefit Exchange is creating Washington Healthplanfinder – an easily accessible, online marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses in Washington State to compare and enroll in quality health insurance plans and access important cost savings. Open enrollment starts October 1, 2013.
- Coverage is Here is an information site from the Washington State Governor's Office.